MINIMUM ORDER £75.00 -
FREE UK DELIVERY FROM £150.00

Talenti, Brunello di Montalcino 2016

£47.50

  • Type:

    Red

  • Grape:

    Sangiovese

  • Country:

    Italy

  • Grape Blend:

    Sangiovese 100%

  • Region:

    Tuscany

  • Vegan:

    No

  • Area:

    Montalcino

  • Organic:

    No

  • ABV:

    14.5%

  • Bottle Size:

    750ml

In Stock

Description

This wonderful Brunello has a typical Sangiovese character that slides languorously out of the glass with cherries, leather and chocolate, reminding us why Brunello gets the pulse racing quite so much. A top quality wine with intense and powerful flavours of dark berry fruits, liquorice and subtle vanilla and floral notes, it is full-bodied yet soft and velvety.
  • Production Notes
  • Producer
  • Delivery Information

Vineyards: The Brunello comes from the pick of their older vineyards, planted in 1981 and located on the south-easterly and south-westerly slopes of Montalcino at an altitude of 250 to 400 meter a.s.l. The soils are made up of sandy loam, with clay and Galestro marl. The grapes are hand-picked and undergo rigorous selection.

Winemaking: Temperature controlled maceration and alcoholic fermentation take place in stainless steel tanks at 28-29°C. About 60% of the wine is aged for at least 24 months in French oak tonneaux (500 litre) and the remaining 40% in Slavonian oak barrel (15-25 hl). Before release, the wine is aged in bottle for a few months. 

The Talenti estate is located south of Montalcino, close to the small medieval village of San Angelo in Colle.

In the 1950s Pierluigi Talenti moved from Romagna to the gently rolling and sunny hills of Montalcino. After a few years, he decided to acquire the estate and all its lands he had fallen in love with. 

Through the years, he devoted his time to the clonal research of Sangiovese all over Montalcino, taking his wines to the highest levels of quality.

Today, his grandson Riccardo Talenti runs the winery and continues that research with the utmost respect for tradition, working with the very same passion and determination. Ricardo has overseen plenty of improvements in both the vineyards and cellar since taking over from grandfather Pierluigi.

We deliver throughout the United Kingdom and the European Union and all delivery charges for these destinations are enabled in the checkout. We also provide the option to collect from any of our shops.

All UK mainland orders should be delivered within 2-3 working days.

For more information on UK delivery please click here and for EU deliveries please click here.

Customer Reviews

No reviews yet
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)