Recognised by the Decanter Retail Awards as the Best Wine Shop in London 2019, The Good Wine Shop is a growing, independent, small business which employs people with a real passion for wine, craft beers and artisan spirits. We have four shops – in Chiswick, Kew, Richmond and Teddington in West London. We have also recently re-launched our Good Wine Shop website, as well as launching a new digital native brand Vintriloquy.
We are always interested in hearing from people with wine, spirits, editorial or digital marketing and engagement experience to join our growing team in beautiful West London. So even if there are no specific job vacancies detailed here, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com and let's get to know each other.
Assistant Shop Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious wine professional who is looking for a dynamic position within a thriving independent wine business. We are a growing and ambitious company, having recently being awarded Best London Wine Shop 2019 at the Decanter Retail awards, and we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. You will have the chance to be involved in many aspects of the wine industry including sales, events, wine service, stock management, social media and marketing.
We are looking for the following attributes or experience:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong ability to build rapport with customers and advise on wine, spirits and specialist beer purchases at all levels.
- A sales instinct and commercial awareness to help grow retail sales and private client fine wine opportunities.
- Experience serving wine in a hospitality setting with a high degree of professionalism.
- A high level of integrity, reliability, and trustworthiness together with a positive, driven and self-motivating attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail as well as being energetic and physically fit.
- A good degree of common sense as well as the ability to problem solve and be flexible where required.
- Experience of organising and marketing tasting events.
- A smart, professional image and attitude coupled with a warm, friendly manner and a sense of humour.
You should also have the following:
- A demonstrable passion for and good knowledge of wine, spirits & craft beer (ideally WSET Level 3 or similar experience)
- Excellent numeracy, with good excel and written communication skills.
- Good IT and technology skills
- An awareness and experience of using social media and other relevant online marketing channels effectively.
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
We have a strong business model and systems and are looking for individuals who can help grow our stores within that framework and enhance it with the enthusiasm and drive which they will bring.
Benefits: A competitive salary based on experience, performance related bonus, company pension scheme, staff discount scheme.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your experience and the position you feel you would be most suited to.