Recognised by the Decanter Retail Awards as the Best Wine Shop in London 2019, The Good Wine Shop is a growing, independent, small business which employs people with a real passion for wine, craft beers and artisan spirits. We have three shops – in Chiswick, Kew and Richmond in West London. We have also just launched our new Good Wine Shop website as well as a new digital native brand Vintriloquy.
We are always interested in hearing from people with wine, spirits, editorial or digital engagement experience to join our growing team in beautiful West London. So even if there are no specific job vacancies detailed here, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com and let's get to know each other.
Various F/T & P/T Wine Roles
This is a really exciting opportunity for passionate Wine Specialists to further develop their career in the wine industry. We are a growing and ambitious company and will be opening our fourth site in Teddington, south west London in the coming months. We are looking for highly motivated & passionate Store managers, Assistant Managers and team members to join us. You will be responsible and involved in running all aspects of a hybrid retail wine business including retail sales, hospitality drink in service, tasting events, private client sales, stock and range management, marketing and social media.
While there is some flexibility for team members, we are looking for the following attributes or experience from management candidates:
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- A demonstrable passion and energy for wine & strong ability to build rapport with customers and advise on wine, spirits and specialist beer purchases at all levels
- A well developed sales instinct and commercial awareness and track record of growing retail sales and private client fine wine opportunities.
- Strong retail skills and experience of delivering on-site wine service(hospitality) will be important.
- The ability to develop and implement local marketing plans and community engagement.
- A high level of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness together with a positive, driven and self-motivating attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail as well as being energetic and physically fit.
- A good degree of common sense as well as the ability to problem solve and be flexible where required.
- A smart, professional attitude coupled with a warm and friendly manner and a sense of humour
You should also have the following:
- A passion for and excellent knowledge of fine wine, spirits & beer(minimum WSET Level 3 or equivalent experience)
- Excellent numeracy, with strong excel and written communication skills.
- Experience of organising, hosting and marketing tasting events – both formal and informal
- Ability to take full responsibility for the day to day running of the store.
- We already have a strong business model and systems and are looking for individuals who can help establish this store in the same business mould and framework and enhance it with the experience, passion and drive which they will bring.
Additional Application Instructions:
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your experience and the position you would be most suited to.