The Ch�teau de l'Aum�rade is a 400 year old estate located in in the heart of Provence. Originally belonging to the Aumerat family, the traditional Mas property dates back to the Renaissance period. In 1594, the Duke of Sully, Henry VI's finance minister, presented the Ch�teau with a Mulberry tree and Plane treees for their luxurious gardens, for supplying the Royal Court. In 1930, a young Henri Fabre senior and his wife Charlotte, fell in love with the Ch�teau de l'Aum�rade, with its 300 hectares of estate vineyards and purchased it from the Aumerat family. The Ch�teau was designated as a Cru Class� when the Provence appellation was created in 1955, a system classifying the wine estate rather than the vineyard area. It is one of 18 that still remain in the designation. The Ch�teau is currently run by Henri Fabre junior and his sister Marie-Christine.