No minimum order required and free UK-wide delivery on orders over £125

Mouzon-Leroux, L'Atavique Verzy Grand Cru Extra Brut


  • Type:


  • Grape:

    Pinot Noir

  • Country:


  • Grape Blend:

    Pinot Noir, Chardonnay

  • Region:


  • Vegan:


  • Area:


  • Organic:


  • ABV:


  • Winemaker:


  • Bottle Size:


In Stock


You get a sense of the house DNA with this. 

A blend of all 60 Grand Cru parcels in Verzy. It is a rich, intense style. Pinot Noir (70%) brings with it structure and concentration, which is wonderfully balanced by a refreshing, elegant lift the Chardonnay (30%) provides. 

Fresh pear and melon aromas are complemented by chamomile, toasty lees, and honey. Shows fleshy, toasty notes on the palate, with an abundance of juicy orchard and pit fruit flavours which are rounded out by a touch of brioche and a wonderful flinty, mineral undertone. The toasty quality recurs on the sappy, slightly nutty, and lingering finish. 


  • Production Notes
  • Producer
  • Delivery Information

The fermentations take place spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. 25% of the Cuvee is fermented in 5 year old Burgundy barrels and the remaining 75% in steel. 60% of the base is from 2014 with reserve wines from 2012 and 2013 making up the remaining 40%. Malolactic Fermentation takes place, along with 32 months lees ageing. The wine is not fined or filtered during bottling. Mouzon-Leroux follow Biodynamic Practices in the vineyard. 2g/l Dosage.

Sebastien Mouzon is seventh generation grower of this family domaine in Verzy. One of just 6 to be farming Grand Cru, practicing biodynamic viticulture. Totally hands on, he crafts miniscule amounts of spectacular wines, that exhibit incredible purity of fruit, verve and energy. 

We deliver throughout the United Kingdom and the European Union and all delivery charges for these destinations are enabled in the checkout. We also provide the option to collect from any of our shops.

All UK mainland orders should be delivered within 2-3 working days.

For more information on UK delivery please click here and for EU deliveries please click here.

Customer Reviews

No reviews yet