No minimum order required and free UK-wide delivery on orders over £125

Black Mountain, Col Fondo Red 2021


  • Type:


  • Grape:

    Pinot Meunier

  • Country:

    United Kingdom

  • Grape Blend:

    60% Pinot Meunier, 40% Pinot Noir

  • Region:


  • Vegan:


  • Area:


  • Organic:


  • ABV:


  • Winemaker:

    Mark Smith

  • Bottle Size:



Pale orange-yellow in colour, wild strawberry scented nose. On the palate there is a note of honeyed sweetness but just off-dry, then a razor sharp spritziness, crystalline energy and wonderful playfulness.
  • Production Notes
  • Producer
  • Delivery Information

60% of the blend is Pinot Meunier from 2019. That was the entirety of a tiny 2019 harvest. It had a couple days maceration, and was pressed to barrel in November '19. The other 40% the last of the Pinot Noir and Meunier from 2018, a couple days macerating, pressed to tank for about 24 months, blended with the '19 Meunier barrel in early 2021.

Mark decided to experiment with mixing some local honey with a bucket from the barrel, and bottling it in May 2021 to spark secondary fermentation. Disgorged in November 2022, and it's zero sulphur." 

Black Mountain is the tiny organic wine project of Emma and Mark Smith whose winery is located in a small shed down a narrow country lane in site of the Brecon Beacons. In total they have three hectares of vines planted with a combination of Pinots Noir, Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay, Solaris and Cab Cortis on shallow clay soils over loamy red sandstone.

We deliver throughout the United Kingdom and the European Union and all delivery charges for these destinations are enabled in the checkout. We also provide the option to collect from any of our shops.

All UK mainland orders should be delivered within 2-3 working days.

For more information on UK delivery please click here and for EU deliveries please click here.

Customer Reviews

Be the first to write a review