On the top of Santa Giulia hill, beside the Cluniac church of the same name, lies the glorious eighteenth century villa Palazzo Cazzago – home to the 1701 winery. The villa dates back to several families of Italian nobility, with 15 hectares of hillside in Cazzago San Martino, Franciacorta. The “1701” name was chosen to recall the first vinification of the estate’s “Brolo”, a sun-drenched 4 hectare vineyard framed by 11th century walls. 1701 is a certified organic winery, and has recently received biodynamic certification – in fact, the winery is the first and only certified biodynamic producer in the Franciacorta region.
Showing items 1-0 of 0.