The Good Wine Shop is a growing, independent, small business which employs people with a real passion for wine, craft beers and artisan spirits. We have two shops – in Chiswick and Kew in West London.
Assistant Manager – Chiswick Shop
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious person who wishes to further develop a career in the wine industry. We are a growing and ambitious company, recent runner up as Decanter Best London Wine Shop and Champagne & Sparkling Retailer of the Year 2018 and are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team at Chiswick. You will have the chance to be involved in many aspects of the wine industry including sales, events, stock management, social media and marketing.
We are looking for the following attributes or experience:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong ability to build rapport with customers and advise on wine, spirits and specialist beer purchases at all levels.
- A sales instinct and commercial awareness to help grow retail sales and private client fine wine opportunities.
- A high level of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness together with a positive, driven and self-motivating attitude.
- Strong organisational skills and an attention to detail as well as being energetic and physically fit.
- A good degree of common sense as well as the ability to problem solve and be flexible where required.
- Experience of organising and marketing tasting events.
- A smart, professional image and attitude coupled with a warm, friendly manner and a sense of humour.
You should also have the following:
- A demonstrable passion for and good knowledge of wine, spirits & craft beer (ideally WSET Level 2 or similar experience)
- Excellent numeracy, with good excel and written communication skills.
- Good IT and technology skills
- An awareness and experience of using social media and other relevant online marketing channels effectively.
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
- Hospitality or table service experience would be beneficial for our drink in offering.
We have a strong business model and systems and are looking for individuals who can help grow our stores within that framework and enhance it with the enthusiasm and drive which they will bring.
Benefits: A competitive salary based on experience, performance related bonus, company pension scheme, staff discount scheme.