The Good Wine Shop is a growing, independent, small business which employs people with a real passion for wine, craft beers and artisan spirits. We have two shops – in Chiswick and Kew in West London.
Part-Time Wine Server/Advisor – Kew Shop
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to help with our new drink-in offering at our Kew Shop. We are a growing and ambitious company and recent winner of Independent Champagne Retailer of the Year 2017. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team to serve and advise customers drinking on the premises. This is an ideal position for a candidate looking to explore the wine trade as a future career path while developing their wine knowledge.
We are looking for the following attributes or experience:
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• A passion for wine and a good basic wine knowledge together with ability to build rapport with customers.
• A high level of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness together with a positive and self-motivated attitude.
• Experience managing a section – preferably in a restaurant environment
• Experience handling drinks and serving wine
• Ability to ensure a prompt, upbeat and friendly service at all times
• Able to handle clean down procedures and maintain cleaning records
• The role will entail handling a small food offering and making wine recommendations
• Setting up, relaying and cleaning down tables
• Available to work until 22:30 Friday & Saturday – flexible to work other evenings
Part-Time, 8-16hrs per week. Mainly evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits:
An hourly rate of pay is available to the right candidate, based on experience and track record.
How to Apply:
Please forward your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the position to email@example.com